A small prostate gland causes a lot of problems for men throughout their lives. In youth, it is more often acute inflammatory diseases associated with infections. Then congestive chronic prostatitis, in adulthood, benign hyperplasia, also known as adenoma. Often they are the basis for surgical treatment.
Men who are concerned about their health closely monitor the range of medicines and dietary supplements designed to support the prostate at different periods of life. They often pay attention to the effect of the drug and the way it is taken.
The drug was created on the basis of an extract from the prostate gland of cattle. This is an animal product. Produced in Russia by Nizhpharm . Available in two forms:
- enteric tablets in a blue shell, 100 mg of prostate extract each (20 mg of water-soluble peptides), 20 pieces;
- suppositories of 50 mg (10 mg by peptides) of the active substance, 5 or 10 pcs.
Pharmacologists have developed two analogues of this natural product:
- rectal suppositories Vitaprost Forte (100 mg of extract or 20 mg in terms of peptides);
- Vitaprost Plus (400 mg of the antibiotic Lomefloxacin was added to 100 mg of extract from the prostate ).
Quantity per pack 5 pieces or 10.
In the manufacture of tablet forms and suppositories, additional ingredients were used, the detailed composition of which is described in the instructions.
In what cases are they issued
Indicated for pathologies of the prostate. He is appointed:
- in the treatment of a chronic disease;
- during rehabilitation after acute infectious prostatitis;
- prevention of exacerbations of protracted non-infectious pathology;
- treatment of a benign tumor of the gland;
- prevention of complications before and after invasive interventions on the prostate and bladder.
There is evidence of a good effect in menopausal women suffering from urinary incontinence or an overactive bladder.
Criterias of choice
To answer the question which is better – Vitaprost in tablets or suppositories, you need to understand the selection criterion. Perhaps for someone it will be the price or ease of use (it is easier to drink a pill than to insert a candle), the presence of contraindications or a proven clinical effect.
The manufacturer suggests prescribing a tablet form for the prevention of chronic congestive prostatitis and for the treatment of hyperplasia. In all other cases, candles will be more effective.
Reception of tablets is recommended 2 times a day. You can take them anywhere. The suppository requires certain conditions. It must be stored in a cool place. When relaxing on a hot day in nature, treatment will have to be abandoned. The rectum should be emptied naturally or with an enema. After the introduction of the candle, you need to lie down for at least 30 minutes.
There are differences in contraindications. Candles can be used by everyone, subject to the portability of the components. With tablets, be careful for people with a deficiency of lactose and sucrose enzymes, since they are included in the composition.
The “path” of the pill to its destination: to the prostate, is long. The drug, introduced into the rectum, almost immediately gets where it needs to be.
If the doctor prescribing the treatment does not emphasize the form of the drug, make a decision based on your preferences or the conditions of the treatment. There is no significant difference in pharmacological action.
Vitaprost is an organotropic drug . The healing effect is expressed as follows:
- swelling of gland tissues decreases;
- reduced inflammatory leukocyte lesion;
- the epithelium restores normal secretion;
- in acini , the number of lecithin grains increases;
- the tension of the muscular wall of the bladder increases;
- the urge to urinate becomes less frequent;
- improves microcirculation in the tissues of the prostate;
- reduces the risk of thrombosis.
Clinical studies have confirmed a reduction in prostate volume. This is manifested by a decrease in urinary pressure, an increase in the flow of urine during urination and a decrease in its residual volume.
The effectiveness of the drug, regardless of its form, has been proven in preventing the development of an exacerbation in cases of chronic congestive prostatitis. It is 97.5%. Pelvic pain and discomfort decrease, urination improves, sexual activity increases, sperm quality is restored.
According to the use of the agent for the prevention of complications of invasive research methods (prostate tissue biopsy, cystoscopy), the results were obtained. They show a significant reduction in the incidence of complications. This reduces the fear in men before manipulation. For example:
- hemorrhagic and inflammatory complications are reduced;
- the urethra is less injured;
- urination disorders are less common after the examination;
- reduced pain during and after manipulation;
- less common erectile dysfunction after the procedure.
Contraindications and side effects
An extract from the prostate organ of mature cattle (it is also called Samprost ) does not cause allergic manifestations. Sensitivity to excipients may be increased, making use impossible.
The agent is not prescribed to persons with enzyme deficiency of sucrase and lactase .
With the introduction of suppositories locally , there may be discomfort in the rectum, a slight rash. After discontinuation of the drug, the phenomena disappear.
Cases of overdose have not been described.
It is well tolerated by patients of different age groups and is combined with other drugs.
Similarities and differences
Despite the general similarity, these analogs have differences.
By release form
Forte and Plus are available only as rectal suppositories. No tablets, capsules or pills are available.
V. Forte has a doubled dosage of the active extract compared to Vitaprost . The suppository contains 100 mg of Samprost or 20 mg of soluble peptides. The type and amount of excipients does not differ.
Plus does not differ from Forte in the amount of active substance – extract. The difference is in the presence of a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Lomefloxacin 400mg .
The medicine is produced both in Russia and at a joint venture with the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Given the antimicrobial agent in the composition, active against most microorganisms with the exception of:
- ureaplasma ;
- treponema pale (causes syphilis);
used in the treatment of acute and chronic infectious inflammation of the gland. In addition to the listed pharmacological effects, it has a bactericidal effect on the bacterial cell, causing its destruction.
Contraindicated in young minor patients. In addition, care should be taken in patients with cerebrovascular disorders, cerebral atherosclerosis and epileptic seizures.
Adverse reactions are associated with the presence of an antibiotic in its composition and include:
- allergic reactions from itching to photosensitivity and malignant erythema;
- neurological disorders (headaches, dizziness, insomnia, paresthesia, convulsions, fainting, hallucinations, depression);
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (no appetite, stool, flatulence, dry mouth, taste perversion, the color of the tongue changes, transaminases increase);
- platelets decrease, there is a tendency to nasal and gastrointestinal bleeding;
- from the side of the CCC (lowering pressure, tachy or bradycardia, arrhythmia, worsening of the course of angina pectoris, heart failure , cardiomyopathy , phlebitis, pulmonary embolism);
- urinary organs (glomerulonephritis, edema, retention, protein and blood in the urine, a change in the amount of daily urine up to anuria, a tendency to form stones);
- reproductive system (orchitis, epididymitis);
- metabolic disorders (gout, low blood sugar);
- musculoskeletal system (arthralgia, cramps, back pain);
- respiratory (shortness of breath, bronchospasm, increased sputum, flu-like symptoms with fever and chills);
- sensory organs (pain in the eyes, interference with vision, pain and noise in the ears).
If side effects occur, immediate cancellation and consultation of a specialized specialist is required.
When treating with Vitaprost Plus, it is recommended to avoid sun exposure, do not use a solarium. Caution is required when driving and when working with increased sources of danger.
Cases of overdose are not described.
The drug has a limitation in drug interaction:
- increases the activity of anticoagulants and the toxicity of NSAIDs;
- more slowly excreted in the presence of blockers of calcium secretion.
Terms of dispensing from pharmacies and price
All drugs in the series are dispensed from pharmacies without a prescription. This does not mean that the patient can carry out the treatment on his own without the advice of a doctor.
The prices are set up like this:
- tablets 20 pieces – 1205 rubles;
- similar candles 10 pieces – 997 rubles;
- suppositories Forte 10 pcs. – 1201 rubles;
- -/- Plus 10 pieces – 1647 rubles.
Preparations of this series can be purchased through online pharmacies for self-pickup or home delivery.
The duration of the appointment is prescribed by the doctor, so you need to be prepared for the fact that one package will not be enough to complete the full course of treatment. The minimum course of admission is 10 days, 1 tablet 2 times or 1 suppository at night.
The tableted product is stored in a place protected from light and out of the reach of children at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. Any candles – at a temperature not higher than 20C.
Shelf life 2 years. This medicine belongs to list B.
Urologists actively participated in the clinical testing of this series of products. Given their effectiveness, good tolerance, they are prescribed in combination with other drugs for the treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system.
They reduce the frequency of complications in invasive diagnostic methods and surgical treatment. In some cases, doctors, starting with the appointment of capsules, go to the introduction of suppositories to consolidate the result.
Vitaprost is an effective natural drug well tolerated by patients. It relieves pain, improves urodynamics , reduces the size of the gland during hyperplasia, and does not negatively affect the composition of sperm. On the contrary, it improves her fertility, positively affects the sexual function of a man. The effect of the drug, depending on the form of release – tablets or suppositories – does not change significantly. Therefore, if this is not specified by the doctor, then the patient has the right to make an independent choice, taking into account his preferences at the time of treatment.